Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-BS1XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all!

I'm currently in the process of a full overhaul of my old HP 15-BS115DX model laptop, and when I say full over haul I mean mainboard and all, going with the I7 8gen processor, because I just want the most speed out of the system as possible, I did all of this for a better laptop obviously, but mostly for the learning experience, which I have to say so far has been great, I'm extremely happy with my results so far and I have to thank this forum for all its support in this build and others I've had parallel to this one as well. 

So on to my next question, in doing some research I've noticed the HP 15-AX000 Omen model laptops have a similar keyboard setup as my current HP 15BSXXX Model notebook.

HP Omen Keyboard: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Laptop-US-Keyboard-for-HP-Omen-15-AX000-15-AX100-15-AX200-Series-Backlit-Bl...

HP 15-BSXXX Keyboard: https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-For-HP-15-bs234wm-15-bs113dx-15-bs013dx-15-bs015dx-Laptop-Keyboard-Blac...

From what I can tell the only difference is the curved edges on the corner keys and arrow key, besides the small space it might leave ultimately in the top cover from the lack of a full key in those places, the dimensions and connection port pin-out seem to be compatible and if I'm not mistaken close to identical to the keyboards recommended for replacement on my current model HP 15-BS. Could anyone give me some of their knowledge as to why this keyboard may not work if I went ahead and installed it in my HP 15-BS Top Cover? I really appreciate all input on the matter, your expertise is why I take my time to post here before any actions are taken forward. Thanks guys!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Alltechdetail Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to replace the keyboard.

In that case, I would suggets you conatct our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Or you can conatct a local service center for repair.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.