Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15 Product ID J9M33UA#ABA MODEL 15-F019dx
Microsoft Windows XP

Need to Install XP Sp3 on this laptop (HP 15 Product ID J9M33UA#ABA MODEL 15-F019dx) to run some legacy

apps.  No IDE selection in BIOS so need to download AHCI driver, then put those on a flash ram

and select them while booting from XP install CD.

Is possible ?  If so, where find driver.

Thank !

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, no such driver exists.

The last generation Intel chipsets supported for XP were the series 7 chipsets.

You can't install XP on a platform with an Intel 4th gen core processor and series 8 chipset.

Even if by some fluke you could, there would be no graphics or USB 3 drivers for it and probably no wifi drivers either.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, no such driver exists.

The last generation Intel chipsets supported for XP were the series 7 chipsets.

You can't install XP on a platform with an Intel 4th gen core processor and series 8 chipset.

Even if by some fluke you could, there would be no graphics or USB 3 drivers for it and probably no wifi drivers either.

HP Recommended

OK, thank for quick answer, saving me much work trying stuff out !!

I recently did it on a desktop with Series 6 chipset no problem.

Not needing wi-fi or usb 3.0 but no matter since undoable. 

So next best thing is to go buy Windows 7 installer somewhere 

and install that.  Should be no rproblem since BIOS already set for AHCI.

Again thanks

J.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, you can do it just fine up to and including the Intel series 7 chipsets.

Even Vista installed on my HP notebook with an Intel 4th gen processor.

I didn't try to install drivers though.  I forgot why I needed to install Vista on there.  I may even have grabbed the wrong disk looking for a W7 one.

W7 will work fine on the 15-F019dx.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.