Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-ay028ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It possible install to HP 15-ay028ur (with Intel Celeron N3060) M.2 SSD? Or only 2.5 SSD instead 2.5 HDD?

And this notebook have one or two memory slots?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Stahlreich

Welcome to the HP Forums,

We'll be with you until it's all sorted & beyond!

Have you gone through the HP service and maintenance guide?

If not, Click here to view the same.

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

Parts tested and approved by HP for your device:

M.2 Solid-state drive, along with the universal part numbers:

256-GB, M.2, 865902-002

128-GB, M.2, 827560-021

Look under the page. #65 - Component replacement procedures for more details on how to insert the m.2 SATA drive.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Stahlreich

Welcome to the HP Forums,

We'll be with you until it's all sorted & beyond!

Have you gone through the HP service and maintenance guide?

If not, Click here to view the same.

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

Parts tested and approved by HP for your device:

M.2 Solid-state drive, along with the universal part numbers:

256-GB, M.2, 865902-002

128-GB, M.2, 827560-021

Look under the page. #65 - Component replacement procedures for more details on how to insert the m.2 SATA drive.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank's for answer. 

I expected real photos of the disassembled laptop for 100% certainty what type of SSD I need to purchase.  

The service manual provides general information on the entire line of laptops without specifically mentioning the model I need. It turns out that without prior disassembly, I definitely can’t find out if there is an M.2 slot. 

HP Recommended

@Stahlreich

Welcome back!

The device mentioned under SSD's on Page 65 defines whether it's for your model or another as mentioned below for your reference:

• Solid-state drive, 256-GB, M.2 865902-002 < This is for your PC.
  • Solid-state drive, 128-GB, M.2, for use in HP Notebook PC models 827560-021 < And So is this is!
  • Solid-state drive, 128-GB, M.2, for use in HP 250/256 G5 Notebook PC models 861334-001
  • Solid-state drive, 256-GB, M.2, for use in HP 250/256 G5 Notebook PC models 861335-001

The information on how to remove or replace is also mentioned on the same page.

I hope this helps.

Take care.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.