Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-db1100nm
Ubuntu LTS

Hello, I have a simple question, but kinda am struggling to figure it out. I currently have 8 GB of RAM installed and I want to add one more 8 GB stick. The thing is I'm struggling to find a 2400MHz stick, I've been offered a 3200 MHz stick, but I don't know if my motherboard supports it. My question is what types of RAM does my motherboard support. Currently installed RAM and motherboard specification are as follows:

Handle 0x0021, DMI type 17, 40 bytes
Memory Device
Array Handle: 0x0020
Error Information Handle: 0x0024
Total Width: 64 bits
Data Width: 64 bits
Size: 8192 MB
Form Factor: SODIMM
Set: None
Locator: Bottom-slot 1(left)
Bank Locator: P0 CHANNEL A
Type: DDR4
Type Detail: Synchronous Unbuffered (Unregistered)
Speed: 2400 MT/s
Manufacturer: Hynix

Handle 0x0002, DMI type 2, 17 bytes
Base Board Information
Manufacturer: HP
Product Name: 85EA
Version: 51.17

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook has two memory slots and can support 2 x 8 GB of memory.

If you cannot find a compatible DDR4-2400 memory module, then you can use a DDR4-2666 or 3200 MHz memory module and it will work, but will bridge to 2400 MHz, because that is the fastest speed your notebook's processor can run the memory at.

Below is the link to the service manual...

Maintenance and Service Guide HP 15 Laptop PC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook has two memory slots and can support 2 x 8 GB of memory.

If you cannot find a compatible DDR4-2400 memory module, then you can use a DDR4-2666 or 3200 MHz memory module and it will work, but will bridge to 2400 MHz, because that is the fastest speed your notebook's processor can run the memory at.

Below is the link to the service manual...

Maintenance and Service Guide HP 15 Laptop PC

HP Recommended

Thanks for the fast reply

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.