Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

The machine was working fine then one day it began to slow down and then over a period of three days it became slower during the startup.

I left the laptop to use the rest room, returned and the machine had frozen.

Now the machine cannot find any connected internal drive of any type but the laptop will boot from a USB drive.

I removed the battery thinking that would reset the cmos, maybe the bios settings but nothing worked.

I am not trying to get a USB drive to booth with a system other than Linux so that I can flash the bios settings.

Nothing I've tried will run either windows 10 or 7

Any direction on this issue would be helpful.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Did you run any of the diagnostic tools in bios?

Volunteering here is my therapy
17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
HP Recommended

The problem is that I need to run the complete OS off of a flash drive and then flash the laptop.

I cannot use the tools in the state the machine is in right now.

Where can I find a free tool that will make a stand alone windows 10 or windows 7 operating system on a flash drive?

HP Recommended

I had to get the Laptop running first.

It was not recognizing the Internal drive and so it could not run to connect.

I have it now running off of an external SSD in an enclosure. The drive seems to be working fine but not inside of the laptop.

HP Recommended

I took it to a store and someone looked at it..

Told me that it is either the portion of the motherboard that controls that function or it's the cable.

He did not have a spare to check.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.