Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 450 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have multiple HP 450 G7 new purchase.  Running Windows 10 64 bit (1903)

Sound was working fine, however on most (not all) the sound became very low and "super tinny".  

If we uninstall the RealTek sound driver (from HP) and reinstall the drivers everything works fine.  Upon reboot, back to same issues.

Plug in speakers to headphone jack sound is fine.  Plug monitor into HDMI, sound is fine.  It is just the internal speaker.

It is clearly the driver.  I have 15 of these models all new.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Meecrob,

I recently had this problem after purchasing a new laptop with the issue returning after carrying out windows and hp driver updates.

If you still have this problem I've found that this toggles the issue on and off :-

run the old control panel app - Start menu search "Control Panel"

Hardware and Sound

Sound

Speakers - Realtek Audio (Default)

Advanced Tab

Under Signal Enhancements toggle Enable Audio Enhancements off

Click Apply

Toggling this setting off makes the issue go away even after a restart however I'm not sure if it will return after a driver update. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

We are having the exact same issue but we've bought 100 of these. Did you find a resolution? We've tried the latest drivers etc but after a reboot the problem comes back.

HP Recommended

Nope.  There is clearly something that HP or Microsoft needs to fix here.

Does HP monitor this?

@MikeArmstrong wrote:

We are having the exact same issue but we've bought 100 of these. Did you find a resolution? We've tried the latest drivers etc but after a reboot the problem comes back.

HP Recommended

Hi Meecrob,

I recently had this problem after purchasing a new laptop with the issue returning after carrying out windows and hp driver updates.

If you still have this problem I've found that this toggles the issue on and off :-

Hardware and Sound

Sound

Advanced Tab

Click Apply

Toggling this setting off makes the issue go away even after a restart however I'm not sure if it will return after a driver update. 

HP Recommended

THANK YOU SIMON.  THAT WORKED!

@Simon-Ingham wrote:

Hi Meecrob,

Hardware and Sound

Sound

Advanced Tab

Click Apply

HP Recommended

Thank you this solution worked for me as well.  I am curious if anyone has had this issue return.  I had it return for the end user however Sound Enhancements was still off.  I was of course unable to duplicate the issue at the time of testing so I am unsure if its really an issue but I wanted to check here to see if this issue returned for anyone, intermittently or otherwise.

Cheers,

CW

HP Recommended

Hi CW, I only have one machine for my own use, when I first got it (Aug) I updated the Win 10 OS to 2004 and went through a period of additional Win updates and drivers, each time i did an update the probelm returned. At that time I would run the HP Assistant Wizard thing and it corrected the problem (maybe just rolling back the driver) only to return after another update.

Since I toggled off the Sound Enhancements the problem has not returned for me.

HP Recommended

Wow it worked for me too. Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.