Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Probook 4530s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey guys and gals

I have an HP ProBook 4530s running Windows 10 Pro. I've had Windows 7, Windows 8 and now Windows 10. I haven't been able to use the two right side USB slots ever since I left Windows 7 and upgraded. Just to make a note of it all my versions of windows have been legit copies and no unlicensed versions. I haven a couple of devices in Device Manager and here are their HW ID's

PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2393&SUBSYS_167C103C&REV_30
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2393&SUBSYS_167C103C
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2393&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2393&CC_0880

------------------------------

PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2392&SUBSYS_167C103C&REV_30
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2392&SUBSYS_167C103C
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2392&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2392&CC_0880

-------------------------------

ACPI\HPQ0004\3&33FD14CA&0

I believe those are Card reader and something to do with security. I may be wrong. But I get nothing when I plug in USB devices to the right side of the Laptop.

If anyone could help me resolve this issue I would be very thankful.

Joel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey I figured it out!

I opened the computer up to see what was going inside. When I finally got to see the USBs I notice that the right side was not plugged in. Ive never open the Laptop so I am not sure how it happened. But I plugged it in and voila!

Thanks again for all the help.

HP_Probook_4530s_

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Also is there maybe an option in BIOS that maybe has then shut off or something? Just a thought thanks

HP Recommended

Hi, Joel:

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with the USB ports.  W10 should have installed the drivers.

You can use these drivers for the base system devices and the unk dev.

The JMicron Media Card Reader Driver enables the integrated media card slot in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp60501-61000/sp60769.exe

This package provides the HP 3D DriveGuard software for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. HP 3D DriveGuard protects the hard drive by "parking the heads" if the notebook is accidentally dropped or is abruptly impacted by another object. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64144.exe

The only suggestion I can offer for the USB3 ports would be to try the W7 USB 3 driver...

This package contains the Renesas USB 3.0 driver. This driver is available for supported notebook models with supported operating systems.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54511.exe

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your response.

I will try these solutions and post my results. Hopefully I can get it to work with the windows 7 drivers.

Thank you Paul 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Ok I installed all the drivers that you provided me and all the driver errors went away. How ever I still wasnt able to get the ports on the right side to work. Is there a way to either check inside the laptop or some other form to diagnose them and see if they are on or getting power? How can I evaluate if they are faulty or if its software related? 

Again thank you for the help!

HP Recommended

Hi:

Since I am not a PC repair tech by trade or training, I would not be able to answer your question regarding checking the USB ports for hardware issues.

All I can say is that if they were working before you upgraded to W10, then most likely W10 is the culprit.

Notebooks not supported for W10 are known to have compatibility issues, and there may not be any solution to the problem if it is not hardware related.  Some devices just will not work on W10.

HP Recommended

Hey I figured it out!

I opened the computer up to see what was going inside. When I finally got to see the USBs I notice that the right side was not plugged in. Ive never open the Laptop so I am not sure how it happened. But I plugged it in and voila!

Thanks again for all the help.

HP_Probook_4530s_

HP Recommended

That is great news!

Glad you were brave enough to open it up and take a look.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.