Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ProBook 650 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello to all,

I own a HP ProBook 605 G1 (D9S33AV) equipped with a HDD and an unpopulated slot for M.2 (above the WiFi module, connector CN1401) - picture attached.

I purchased a Transcend M.2 SSD TS256GMTS400S, the OS installed on HDD recognizes it without problem in Disk Management, i can manipulate it in Disk Part. 

I tried to install Win10 on it but i can't find a way to make it boot as default from this SSD.

In BIOS the m.2 SSD is ticked.

I have updated BIOS to version 1.50A, no new options, no success...

I found information on these forums where users managed to set up the system so that it would boot without problems but I did not find any method, or the method used by them was not applied in my case (what they had in boot order is different in my case).

I managed to install Win10 but every time i need to manually select the location on the EFI file every time i power on the notebook having a delayed start of 05 seconds.

Please help...

20200526_131856.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Tobitsa 

My suggestion: remove old HDD, run on M.2 SSD for few days or a week then format HDD before put its back.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your fast reply.

The problem with selecting manually the EFI boot file is present even with the HDD disconnected...

HP Recommended

No other solution? 😞

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.