Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP8560p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ive here a HP8560p with

I5 - 2520m, 8GB of RAM (and a 250GB SSD and w10 pro, but there are not the problems).

Tt was connected to an HP Advancved Docking Station  HP2012 ( A7E36AA/REF  or [Personal Information Removed]?), getting Power from a HP120W AC-Adapter N17908 and  did run with this Equipment without any trouble - until one eve I did run it down, and the next morning it didnt start again.

The AC-Adapter is still ok,  the Docking-Station is getting power from the Adapter ((Blue Power-light on the backside of the docking station is on and, wenn the HP8560 is connected to the docking station, the blue Docking-light on the right-side Notebook-Eject-Button of the docking-station is on.

But the 8560p is not starting - no light, nothing, nada. Can try it pushing the left-side Power-Button-switch of the docking station (what normaly works to start the 8560p) or with the left-side power button of the opened 8560p - still no reaction, no light, nothing, nada..

Taking the 8560p away from the docking-station and connecting direct to the AC-Adapter, dosent change anything - its dead.

Did test it with another HP-AC-Adapter - no light, nothing, nada.

Did test it with a nearly 90% refilled 8560-Akku instead of AC-Adapter - nothing (you know, whats the end of the sentence).

Did change the memory - the memory was working ok in another HP Elitebook (2670) - and the in this machine working memory didnt change anything on the 8560p

So my question is: is there inside the 8560 any fuse, what eventually could have been damaged?

Does a dead CPU show the symptomps, that the complete system is dead, even when the mainboard may be still ok? Or do some system parts like fan, control-lights etc show a reaction?

Anyone any idea?  Thanks on any way for your  attention to my problem.

Jörg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

There is no fuse inside the notebook that would cause a no start.

processors actually do not fail very often.

Fans running or a twitch from a fan usually mean that the processor of the system board is dead.

What does "until one eve I did run it down, and the next morning it didnt start again." mean?  Did you mean shut it down?

Your description and troubleshooting would lead me to the conclusion that the system board is dead.

The HP 8560p is from what I have found, a 2008 model year notebook, so its having a no longer serviceable system board would not be a surprise to me.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

What does "until one eve I did run it down, and the next morning it didnt start again." mean?  Did you mean shut it down?

When I remember right (its longer ago, that it happened and now I have the time, to repair the system), I did finish working with the machine with W10 (german system) "Herunterfahren", what might be in an US-system "shut down".

I checked ebay for used 8560p-mainboards - looks like there are at the moment only 8570p-mainboards  (from the UK) avaylable and 8560/70w Mainboards

any problem to:

- build a 8570p-Mainboard into a 8560p-case

- build a 8560w-Mainboard into a 8560p-case

- build a 8570w-Mainboard into a 8560p-case

Thanks for any help

regards

Jörg

HP Recommended

@JorgeX wrote:

When I remember right (its longer ago, that it happened and now I have the time, to repair the system), I did finish working with the machine with W10 (german system) "Herunterfahren", what might be in an US-system "shut down".

I checked ebay for used 8560p-mainboards - looks like there are at the moment only 8570p-mainboards  (from the UK) avaylable and 8560/70w Mainboards

any problem to:

- build a 8570p-Mainboard into a 8560p-case

- build a 8560w-Mainboard into a 8560p-case

- build a 8570w-Mainboard into a 8560p-case

Those are not likely to work as in order for it to fit into the notebook enclosure it must be identical.

Here in the US  the system boards are a dime a dozen and pretty cheap/

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=8560p+motherboard

Here they are on eBay in Germany. Prices are also OK.

https://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=HP+646967-001&_sacat=0

Thanks for any help

regards

Jörg

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.