Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 8570w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello 
I install  Win 10 on my HP 8570w. Everithing working but HP Accelerometer still notifi me  that cant run on windows. 
I try it uniinstall, reinstall,  update from device manager and it's still on the same... Even if I turn it off  but nothing work. Still is here  notification. 
Can help someone?

THANKS
61820152_724792364642767_993241350755319808_n.jpg62046995_313624756229388_6305663369563078656_n.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The W10/8.1/8/7  driver doesn't work for that device.

This is the only way I know of to get it to work on the 8x70p/w series....

You have to manually install the XP driver.

First, uninstall the 3D driveguard drivers and software you tried, so that the accelerometer is showing up as an Unknown Device.

1. Download and save this driver, but do not run it.

This package provides the HP 3D DriveGuard software for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. HP 3D DriveGuard protects the hard drive by "parking the heads" if the notebook is accidentally dropped or is abruptly impacted by another object.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58001-58500/sp58201.exe

2. Download and install this free file utility. The 2nd file at the top of the page is for 64 bit.

https://www.7-zip.org/

After you install 7-Zip, right click on the driver file you saved.

Have 7-Zip Extract to: and let it extract the file into its folder name (sp58201).

Once that is done, go to the device manager, click on the unknown device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab. Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder that 7-Zip created.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.

The 8650w uses this version of the 3D driveguard software...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64144.exe

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

ADD (I have 6 peaces of 8570w notebooks with same problem, so its not problem for just one notebook)
PS: I have HP 8560w too, and same problem is here.

HP Recommended

Hi:

The W10/8.1/8/7  driver doesn't work for that device.

This is the only way I know of to get it to work on the 8x70p/w series....

You have to manually install the XP driver.

First, uninstall the 3D driveguard drivers and software you tried, so that the accelerometer is showing up as an Unknown Device.

1. Download and save this driver, but do not run it.

This package provides the HP 3D DriveGuard software for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. HP 3D DriveGuard protects the hard drive by "parking the heads" if the notebook is accidentally dropped or is abruptly impacted by another object.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58001-58500/sp58201.exe

2. Download and install this free file utility. The 2nd file at the top of the page is for 64 bit.

https://www.7-zip.org/

After you install 7-Zip, right click on the driver file you saved.

Have 7-Zip Extract to: and let it extract the file into its folder name (sp58201).

Once that is done, go to the device manager, click on the unknown device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab. Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder that 7-Zip created.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.

The 8650w uses this version of the 3D driveguard software...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64144.exe

HP Recommended

Hi Paul!
Very well!  XP driver works.
Thank you very much for quick solution 🙂

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, which version of the 3D driveguard software I need for a HP EliteBook 8770w with Windows 1903 [Version 10.0.18362.535]. 

The drivers mentioned in the post does not work.

error.jpg

Thank you very much,

Bill

HP Recommended

Hi, Bill:

If installing the above XP x64 driver didn't work, unfortunately there isn't anything else I know of that will work.

The W10 driver doesn't work.  You can try it but I think W10 blocks if from installing.

HP Recommended

HI Paul,

I'm running windows 10 version 1909 on HP Folio 9470m. I have issue with this Hp mobile Data Protection Sensor i tried the method you have given on the solution but it didn't worked. It says "The system cannot find the file specified".  Please help me with this issue. And now my PC is not connecting to any Android Device because of this driver issue. I will be very grateful for your response.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.