Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp pavilion 15 ab000 notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There is battery issue in my laptop. I have Original Hp battery.  

Issues i am facing with battery
1. Battery drains quickly
2.Battery Abruptly shut off after 40-45 minutes.
3. Doesn't charge up to 100% . 
4.Battery indicator percentage changes constantly, for ex. If battery charged up to 94% after sometime it will show 89% then again changes to 96%
4. Sometimes battery Backup shows as 6 hr but after some time changes to 2 hr 40 min then again changes to 3 hr 45 min.  

Following are the troubleshooting i have done :
1. Take out battery & checked points - points are totally cleaned. & fine 
2. Check battery drivers for update.- Its already updated.No.update required.
3. Bios version is up to date 
4. Done Hp diagnosis for battery - Showing Primary battery is Ok. No issue. No Calibration needed.
5. Checked AC adapter - working fine
6. Go to Bios setting & done Extensive Test - It passed the test, showing Battery normal. No failure code.
7. Done windows troubleshooting for battery - Result is normal
8. Uninstall Battery drivers & reinstall
9. Take out battery & removed all USB devices. then pressed power button for 15 sec
10. Run full PC scan by antivirus - No threat 

After plugging power cord, battery starts charging. Red LED light shows while charging.

Beside doing all the tests & troubleshooting, the issue is persistent.
I don't know where the problem is. 
Kindly guide me to solve the issue 
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

From what I can tell, since you only gave the generic identification of your notebook, your notebook is between five and six years old. Is that accurate?

A main battery is only warantied for one year of service life. People usually get two years or more of service life out of a notebook battery and yours has exceeded that by a large margin.

Even though the Diagnostics says the battery is OK, the problems you have reported lead me to believe otherwise.

I would remove the original battery and replace it with a new one.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

laptop is 4 yrs old.  Battery that came with laptop stopped working in 2019. so i purchased new battery, which is authentic HP battery bought from HP Store. this 2nd battery stopped working in 15 months. 

Hp gave 1 year warranty on battery.  

HP Recommended

Yes.

Unfortunately, batteries,  across the battery manufacturing industry, only come with a one year warranty.

It is time to replace the battery one more time.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.