Luke40
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Battery issue persistent after troubleshooting

HP Recommended
hp pavilion 15 ab000 notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There is battery issue in my laptop. I have Original Hp battery.  

Issues i am facing with battery
1. Battery drains quickly
2.Battery Abruptly shut off after 40-45 minutes.
3. Doesn't charge up to 100% . 
4.Battery indicator percentage changes constantly, for ex. If battery charged up to 94% after sometime it will show 89% then again changes to 96%
4. Sometimes battery Backup shows as 6 hr but after some time changes to 2 hr 40 min then again changes to 3 hr 45 min.  

Following are the troubleshooting i have done :
1. Take out battery & checked points - points are totally cleaned. & fine 
2. Check battery drivers for update.- Its already updated.No.update required.
3. Bios version is up to date 
4. Done Hp diagnosis for battery - Showing Primary battery is Ok. No issue. No Calibration needed.
5. Checked AC adapter - working fine
6. Go to Bios setting & done Extensive Test - It passed the test, showing Battery normal. No failure code.
7. Done windows troubleshooting for battery - Result is normal
8. Uninstall Battery drivers & reinstall
9. Take out battery & removed all USB devices. then pressed power button for 15 sec
10. Run full PC scan by antivirus - No threat 

After plugging power cord, battery starts charging. Red LED light shows while charging.

Beside doing all the tests & troubleshooting, the issue is persistent.
I don't know where the problem is. 
Kindly guide me to solve the issue 
3 REPLIES 3
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,953 42,193 4,642 12,405
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

From what I can tell, since you only gave the generic identification of your notebook, your notebook is between five and six years old. Is that accurate?

A main battery is only warantied for one year of service life. People usually get two years or more of service life out of a notebook battery and yours has exceeded that by a large margin.

Even though the Diagnostics says the battery is OK, the problems you have reported lead me to believe otherwise.

I would remove the original battery and replace it with a new one.

I am not an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
Luke40
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

laptop is 4 yrs old.  Battery that came with laptop stopped working in 2019. so i purchased new battery, which is authentic HP battery bought from HP Store. this 2nd battery stopped working in 15 months. 

Hp gave 1 year warranty on battery.  

0 Kudos
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,953 42,193 4,642 12,405
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes.

Unfortunately, batteries,  across the battery manufacturing industry, only come with a one year warranty.

It is time to replace the battery one more time.

I am not an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation