Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15-bs542tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop camera doesn't function. I'm sure there is some issue related to camera driver i.e. HP TrueVision HD Camera. The camera driver always shown hidden in device Manager.

Whenever I try uninstalling driver and restarting laptop. The camera work buts only in starting few minutes. Skype and Zoom app shows there is no camera device connected.

I have tried updating all software, BIOS and drivers form HO SoftPaq Download Manger but that too was unfruitful.

Please suggest method to fix this problem.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I have the same issue and I ended up buying a usb camera.. I don't understand why the camera doesn't work. I've tried everything and still can't seem to find the solution, but I've seen so many people complaining about and I can't believe HP or Windows aren't giving their users any driver or whatever is needed to make the camera work. 

HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Truevision broken camera club. Mine has been broken for over a year and HP tells me very bluntly there are no new drivers, BTW my laptop came with windows 10 and an early update broke it.

HP Recommended

@shreymehul @DaveGloriaD @DrewMann  If the drivers for the Imaging devices, which include the webcam, are not displayed in the Device Manager, here's all you need to do, to resolve this issue, once and for all:

Check the anti-virus program settings & ensure it isn't blocking the camera and the same should resolve the issue, if this doesn't help, try the below steps:
Learn how to restore an HP webcam in Windows Device Manager

1. Restart your computer.

If the problem persists, continue using these steps.

2. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

3. If there is no Imaging devices category listed, select Action, then Scan for hardware changes.

Image: Scan for hardware changes

4. If Device Manager does not recognize the webcam after the scan, use Microsoft System Restore to go back to a time when the webcam was working properly.

If problems persist, the webcam might have become unplugged internally, and the computer might require service to correct the issue.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support and we appreciate your patience.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried whatever you said. But the issue is still unsolved.

And I'm sure webcam is not internally disconnected as my web cam works for few second whenever I uninstall webcam driver and restart my laptop.

If there would have some hardware problem it shouldn't have worked even for few second.  

HP Recommended

@shreymehul I suggest you create a new user account and check if that helps, as this could be a driver/software conflict, here's the link with details on how to get that done: click here

And keep us posted with the results, also, please ensure you don't have more than one antivirus program on the device as that could cause such issues.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.