06-18-2019 06:08 AM
After having some trouble with my laptop battery and doing some research, I wanted to try the diagnostic testing for the battery.
However, when I run the test it freezes at 1%. When I press esc to abbord the test, nothing happens. I have to restart my computer manually with the power button. I also tried other diagnostic tests and the same thing happens: the test gets stuck at 1%.
I updated the BIOS but this did not resolve the problem.
Product name: HP Envy 15 k270nb
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10
Thanks in advance
06-20-2019 11:41 AM
Hey there! @RB97_,
Try the steps recommended below.
Try restoring BIOS to default and check if it helps.
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Also, try updating the BIOS and system diagnostics on your PC and check if it helps.
Update the BIOS using this link. Click Here
Also, update the latest version of HP PC Hardware Diagnostics using this link. Click Here
Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.
Let me know if this works!
Have a great day ahead! 🙂
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee