Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

HP ENVY dv6-7331sa SSD Upgrade

HP Recommended
HP ENVY DV6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I have done some research and to improve the performance of my machine I am proposing to move my current Seagate Barracuda 7200 Pro 1tb to the optical drive slot using a HDD Caddy. And fit a new Samsung 860 250gb SSD Drive where the hard drive was. I plan clone the the c drive over to the new SSD.

My question is, could someone recommend the correct HDD Caddy and whether the Samsung SSD is the best value drive.

Also have i got the correct approach?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Huffer
Level 18
Level 18
45,226 44,999 7,267 12,945
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your approach is correct. The optical (DVD) drive is a 12.7 mm tray load and optical to HDD caddies are as common as bees at a picnic in October. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adapter-Universal-DVD-ROM-External-Enclosure/dp/B00C94HQV6/ref=sr_1_3?keywo...

That is just one example. You seem to have the rest of the process pretty well figured out but post back if you need anything else. Please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Huffer
Level 18
Level 18
45,226 44,999 7,267 12,945
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your approach is correct. The optical (DVD) drive is a 12.7 mm tray load and optical to HDD caddies are as common as bees at a picnic in October. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adapter-Universal-DVD-ROM-External-Enclosure/dp/B00C94HQV6/ref=sr_1_3?keywo...

That is just one example. You seem to have the rest of the process pretty well figured out but post back if you need anything else. Please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

Dego
Author
6 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Huffer

You response is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation