Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 13-v021nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've recently bought a HP Spectre 13-v021nr laptop and along with it got a HP Elite Usb C Dock T3V74AA. 

The only problem I have with HP Elite Usb C Dock T3V74AA that is it does not charge my laptop.

Does any one know why? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Clintwestwood

Unfotunatly the HP Elite USB Dock is not designed to specifically work with the HP Spectre notebook with the most common issue being charge passthrough does not function. 

It is designed to be charged via the included AC Adapter only.

Appologize about the disconcerting news.

I am an HP employee.
Make it easier for others to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Clintwestwood

Unfotunatly the HP Elite USB Dock is not designed to specifically work with the HP Spectre notebook with the most common issue being charge passthrough does not function. 

It is designed to be charged via the included AC Adapter only.

Appologize about the disconcerting news.

I am an HP employee.
Make it easier for others to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended

Hello Futureperfect,

thanks for the clarification. 

HP Recommended

Hello,

does HP Elite Usb C Dock X7W54AA charge HP Spectre? I've recently bought a HP Spectre 13-v001nm with X7W54AA, and it doesn't charge my laptop too.

HP Recommended

Hello.

I have a similar problem with the same docking station, but slightly different notebook, a HP Spectre Pro 13 G1 Notebook p/n X2F00EA#ABZ.

The docking station correctly charges the notebook, but at the beginning, when i first connect the notebook to the docking station, i experience a series of charging/no-charging events (each one lasting a few seconds).

After a few minutes usually situation stabilizes itself and the docking station charges steadily the notebook.

I am concerned about consequences on notebook battery's health.

Can this be related to the power-on sequence, i.e. what should i turn on first (notebook, dockingstation, hardware connected to d.s.)?

Thanks for help.

SB

HP Recommended

Just to update you all on the situation

• my hp partner told me that there is an incompatibility between X2F00EA#ABZ and the T3V74AA (incompatibility that was discovered after they sold me both the devices) due to the fact that the docking station is not able to supply enough power to the notebook and basically when the notebook request more power the docking station shut off the feeding and so on (hence the cycle)... it seems pretty strange to me because both the docking station and the notebook have 65W power suppliers... but maybe the docking station needs some power for itself too.
  • italian hp support told me, after a week and refusing to put this answer on an email, that the problem was related to my two monitors... when i told the guy that the problem was there also without monitors, he started to stutter and almost hung up on me... [i wish there was a facepalm icon]

Now i just wonder if there is a docking station for my X2F00EA#ABZ that has usb-c passthrough charging, two digital (hdmi or dp) video output, a gbe nic and some usb...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.