Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Elite x2 1011 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The battery indicator shows two batteries - one at 0%, the other charging.  Battery diagnostics cannot find the 0% battery.  Are there really two batteries?   Or is the one Li-ion battery divided into two and one side is dead?   Or is this normal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If there is a dead battery in it you should be able to tell by the weight of it. If no battery it would be very light. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Its possible to have a battery in the keyboard base and also the tablet part and yours probably only has the battery in the tablet. 

Service Manual 

See p. 20 item 14 and page 24 item 7 and p. 75.

If you separate the tablet from the keybard and fom AC power does it have battery power?

Its also possible that one of the batteries is just stone cold dead.

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the ino you needed. 

HP Recommended

Ok -thanks for that information!

so I see the tablet has a:   Battery, 2-cell, 33-WHr, 4.56-AHr, LI (includes cable) 750549-005

I am guessing this is battery 2

and the base (may have?): Battery 6-cell, 21-WHr, 0.95-AHr, LI (includes cable) 750550-005

and this is battery 1 which diagnostics cannot find so perhaps there is no battery in my keyboard?

Unplugged - the tablet and key board have power.  however  with  the tablet detached from the keyboard the tray icon battery level  says battery one not detected and no longer combines the percentages of the two batteries.  

Could there really be no battery in the keyboard ?- seems to me there is a dead 6-cell, 21-WHr, 0.95-AHr in my keyboard.

HP Recommended

If there is a dead battery in it you should be able to tell by the weight of it. If no battery it would be very light. 

HP Recommended

1# 11oz ...  It is either a dead battery or a bomb!

HP Recommended

Of those I'm going dead battery. Only way to be sure is to open her up. Instructions are in the Manual

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.