Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 1040 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone, 

I've been getting copious memory-related BSOD over the last few weeks. I've run the HP extensive memory test and I was given this error code: Failure ID : 94G450-9A9AQG-MFPW21-400F03. I've no idea what this error code means and I can't seem to find a answer online so I'm hoping someone will be able to help out! 

I've also noticed that the RAM is soldered directly to the motherboard. If I wanted to upgrade/replace the RAM, can I go through a local repair shop or do I go through HP support services?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This is the top of the line motherboard part number. Not sure what your specs are if you want a like-kind replacement

L02230-601

Service Manual:

Manual 

See p. 41 for a full list.

HP Parts Germany has the board "Auf Lager" (in stock?):

https://parts.hp.com/hppartsIGSO/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=A6BA47DA2C5D4E63910E935FDA4944C8&Search...

2000 Euros...that is more than I thought. Find the one you really need and we can search out an alternate source if you give me the part number. 

As far as installation labor I am not familiar with German practices but I suggest you look in the surrounding area for a small independent computer repair shop. In the US, labor at such a place might be $250 US or so. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Translated Code:

Failure Information
Failure ID Tag Checksum HP Serial Number Test Date Failure Code Device Includes Error Message
94G450-9A9AQG-MFPW21-400F03OKxxxxx10YZ9/29/21200MemoryCache Module, Memory, Memory BoardMemory Module Failure (no DIMM id)

You are correct that the memory is soldered to the motherboard. As such it cannot be replaced except by replacing the motherboard. I assume the laptop is no longer under warranty? Likely we could help you find a replacement motherboard but if you must pay for installation labor the bill can be quite expensive. Let us know if you wish to discuss further. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Huffer, 

Thank you for your response!

You are correct, that the laptop is no longer under warranty (just a few months out). Are you able to provide a link to where I could find a replacement motherboard, and also how I can get a quote for the installation labour? (do you know of a ball park figure?) 

HP Recommended

This is the top of the line motherboard part number. Not sure what your specs are if you want a like-kind replacement

L02230-601

Service Manual:

Manual 

See p. 41 for a full list.

HP Parts Germany has the board "Auf Lager" (in stock?):

https://parts.hp.com/hppartsIGSO/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=A6BA47DA2C5D4E63910E935FDA4944C8&Search...

2000 Euros...that is more than I thought. Find the one you really need and we can search out an alternate source if you give me the part number. 

As far as installation labor I am not familiar with German practices but I suggest you look in the surrounding area for a small independent computer repair shop. In the US, labor at such a place might be $250 US or so. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.