Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I just bought a refurbished HP EliteBook 850 G6 Ultrabook Core i5 8th gen. There are LED lights that light up behind the keys, but the characters of the keys are not transparent or translucent. In other words, in the dark, the backlight has no effect, except I can recognise the enter key and the space bar. It seems to me obvious that this machine has the wrong keyboard, can anyone confirm this please?

Below, the first photo is of the keyboard of my HP Envy X360 Convertible for comparison. The last 2 are of the laptop in question.

Many thank yous.

My older Envy X360 Convertible, with obviously transparent keys, for comparisonMy older Envy X360 Convertible, with obviously transparent keys, for comparisonKeyboard in question on EliteBook 850 G6 UltrabookKeyboard in question on EliteBook 850 G6 UltrabookKeyboard in question on EliteBook 850 G6 UltrabookKeyboard in question on EliteBook 850 G6 Ultrabook

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Does anyone have any comments on this, or is it too obvious to comment on?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.