Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

internal keyboard is no more working.

we already:

- downloaded all updates

- downloaded all driver

- we restored laptop

system is able to find keyboard and driver is correct, than digit it is not working.

thanks for help

regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

BIOS kkeyboard test does not worl but after I get in touch even with HP support center, they suggest me to update the BIOS and, after the update, keyboard start to works again (During the update I used still USB keyboard).

Thanks for your support and suggest.

-A-

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try a power reset and see if it helps:

https://support.hp.com/ph-en/document/c01684768

Does the keyboard work in BIOS? Try turning the PC off with the power button. Push on the power button and continuously press ESC and see if the startup menu appears. If it does not work in BIOS I believe it is a hardware problem.

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Hi,

BIOS kkeyboard test does not worl but after I get in touch even with HP support center, they suggest me to update the BIOS and, after the update, keyboard start to works again (During the update I used still USB keyboard).

Thanks for your support and suggest.

-A-

HP Recommended

Just had the same problem on an x360 1030 G3.  Updating the BIOS fixed it.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

I just got a new x360 1030 G3. The keyboard keys for PgUp, PgDn, Home and End don't work as they should (eg End only moves the cursor 1 character to the right and not the end f the sentence; PgDn only moves the cursor down one sentence instead of to the end of the page). I've tried this in Word Docs as well as well typing a message in Chrome. Would appreciate any help re  issue. HP User Guide for this laptop is totally silent on this. 

HP Recommended

It may very well be related to the same issue.  I would suggest updating the bios before you do anything else. 

Go Here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitebook-x360-1030-g3-notebook-pc/19753388

Click on and expand the BIOS section --> then click the download button.  It should open up a new tab and start downloading.  Run the file, and let it do its thing. 

One note: when updating the BIOS on our laptops we noticed a little oddity (we have something like 120 of this model being used in our environment) the application is supposed to restart the computer.  It will always shut it off, but it doesn't always start back up.  You may need to manually boot the computer up for the BIOS update to finish.  Once it's finished give the keyboard a try.  Hopefully that resolves your issue.

HP Recommended

thanks, I did update the bios, no change, problem persists

any other ideas?

HP Recommended

The next step I would suggest would be installing the latest chipset driver.  From the same link expand the driver-chipset menu, then download and install the first option (Intel Chipset Installation Utility).   Once that is installed give your keyboard a try.  It may ask you to reboot a time or two.

If that still doesn't work you may need to dig a little deeper and find the latest keyboard driver from the manufacturer.  The easiest way I have found to do this is by finding the keyboard's hardware ID and doing a search within google using the given hardware ID.  To find the hardware ID do the following:

- Click the Windows Start button

- Start typing device manager

- Select device manager in the search options that appear-

- Within the window that shows up expand the keyboards section

- Right click on the item that appears after expanding the section, and select properties

- In the Properties window click on the details tab at the top

- Then click on the Property drop down and select Hardware Ids

- I would suggest copying the first hardware id value and do a google search on that.  That typically has gotten me to the latest manufacturer's drivers within the first page of search results.

If updating the chipset doesn't do the trick and you would like some help with the second option post the Hardware ID here and I'll see what I can find.

Good Luck

HP Recommended

Thanks for your advice, but updating the chipset didn't solve the problem. The hardware ID for this keyboard (following your instructions, thanks) is: ACPI\VEN_HPQ&DEV_8002. A driver update check said it had the latest driver. A google search brought up some fakey websites and some seemingly old drivers so I'd certainly appreciate it if you can help me find the latest driver and tell me where to get it!

HP Recommended

It appears that there are several known issues with that particular keyboard.

After reading some documentation its possible that the newer drivers for the keyboard may have issues with Windows 10.

Give this older driver a try:

[edit]

When you install it you may get a prompt saying you already have a newer driver installed, but just continue with the installation anyway.  Let me know how it goes.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.