Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 8440p
Linux

Hi everyone. I am trying to figure out what my best choice is for bluetooth modules, [edit] & have a whitelist for PCI-E cards so I'm stuck with trying to find a bluetooth card that'll plug into this little connector.

Preferably bluetooth 4.0, but 3.0 may be taken into consideration. 

Apparently HP ended this whitelisting practice in 2013, but the BIOS update from 2015 on this PC still has the whitelist, which destroys the resale value of this PC & any chance of me ever buying anything HP ever again in my life.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The only one I see mentioned in the Maintenance manual is the HP part number 537921-001

Its a Broadcom BCM92070MD  module, FCC ID: QDS-BRCM1043

Should find lots of them on Ebay. You would need the cable as well.

Card  with the same FCC-ID seems to be sold with the HP number 655792-001 as well (for DV6/DV7), maybe different firmware as it claims EDR 4.0 Don't know if the cable is the same.

The pics on Ebay are a bit crappy, there is a REF number after the BCM92070MD  couldn't really see if it differs.

This Thinkpad Wiki says BCM92070MD would be BT 2.1 but the Ebay sites often claim 4.0 so I don't know if it a firmware thing or what.

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Bluetooth_Daughter_Card_(14_pins)

Thinkpads use a different connector though.

Broadcom chips have always been a real pain to get information of but these should get you started in the search, I hope.

People are using their precious remaining lifetime to try and help, so it is common courtesy to come back and tell what the solution eventually was even if you found it elsewhere. It is for the benefit of everyone.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.