Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Envy 13 Trackpad wobble

HP Recommended
HP ENVY laptop 13-aq0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this laptop in september of 2019 and when i got it the trackpad was loose , i thought this was normal and went about my days using it. (fantastic laptop). I first noticed this wasn’t normal as i work in a tech store based in the uk and the display model for the i7 came in and didn’t have this issue but to my disbelieve the display model for the i5 version did. This became annoying as i would miss click often thinking that i has already clicked as the loose trackpad provides a clickable feedback. If you place your finger on it and depress slightly the trackpad will move within the chassis of the laptop, i am still within warranty and currently have an insurance plan. I do not want to claim the insurance as the trackpad functions correctly but when googling this issue it seems to be quite prevelant with these models and wondering if i can get a warranty fix. 

Bearing in mind i paid £1150 for this laptop i did not expect to see problems like this. 

If need be i can send a video to an email address.

Thanks 

David

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,158 10,144 550 396
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DavidMcD

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this as this could be a hardware issue.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation