Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy 34
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a curved screen Envy all in one desktop.  I want to upgrade the hard drive to a SSD and SSD (128 KB to 1 TB.  Also considering upgrading memory to 32 or 64K.   I'd like to know which SSD and Memory is an approved product.  As much specifics as possible.  Amazon a good choice?  Since I'm not a computer tech, and have rarely opened the case on any computer, how about some advice about the reality of someone like me doing this upgrade.  Would a certified HP tech be a better option?  How do I find one and what should I ask to get a feel for the tech's capbility.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I solved this problem another way.  It's what I should have done first.  I updated the support assistant which provided me with the model/serial/product number.  Then I found a qualified HP tech close to me.  They gave me a very reasonable price to do the work, including hardware and installation.  So, the sun is shining in Mudville.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you provide the exact model or product number (not serial) of the AIO as there are various series of the HP Envy  34

Here is link to HP support page showing how to find it:

https://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c01492484

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

I solved this problem another way.  It's what I should have done first.  I updated the support assistant which provided me with the model/serial/product number.  Then I found a qualified HP tech close to me.  They gave me a very reasonable price to do the work, including hardware and installation.  So, the sun is shining in Mudville.

HP Recommended

Glad you are up and running again with more performance.

Let me know if you need any help in the future.

Best wishes,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.