Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have hp envy x360 , my mouse pad is suddenly not working

I tried everything from making updates, reset the laptop but still not working

can you help me please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@mina13790

Please download and run the touchpad drivers if you still haven't. I was able to pull the exact drivers because of the model no. you provided. 

Please restart the laptop after installing the drivers. If the touchpad continues to not work then let us run a hardware test on the touchpad by following the below steps:

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

• The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

• Select Component tests.

List of the Component tests

• Please initiate a test on Mouse/Touchpad - There are 2 mouse tests to determine if the mouse is functioning correctly - the Pointer Test and the Drag and Drop Test. Click Mouse/Touchpad, then select the test you want to run and follow the instructions.

If the test fails then it would be a hardware failure and you may reach out to our HP phone support to explore the hardware service options 

If the test passes then please initiate a system refresh (repair). Though the steps are for Win8, they will work for Win10 too.

I hope this helps. Please let me know. Good luck! 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@mina13790

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Envy X360 laptop and the touchpad stopped working. You have performed updates on the laptop and even reset the laptop and the issue persists. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• The exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • Does an external mouse work (if available)?
  • Did any software or hardware changes take place on your laptop after which this issue may have started?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: (Alternately, you may go through this step by step troubleshooter guide)

• On some touchpads you can turn the TouchPad on or off by double tapping in the upper-left corner of the TouchPad. Double tap to turn the TouchPad on, repeat to turn the TouchPad off.

Figure : TouchPad On/Off Switch

TouchPad On/Off Switch

• Perform a hard reset by following the steps in the HP document Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset. A hard reset clears the driver instructions. Your computer rereads all instructions from the drivers and software stored in the Operating System which can solve some problems.
  • Be sure you have the latest drivers for your TouchPad. Use the following steps to install the latest drivers.

1. Go to the HP Drivers and Downloads web page. Enter your computer model number and then click Go.

2. Select your computer model from the list of results.

3. Select your operating system from the drop down menu and then click Next.

4. Scroll down to select the driver category Driver - Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices.

5. Click Download next to the appropriate TouchPad or ClickPad driver. The file downloads to your Downloads folder

6. Open your Downloads folder and double-click to install the latest driver. Follow on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

• Return the computer to a software configuration when the TouchPad was working by restoring the system to a time when the touchpad was working correctly. For more information go to Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10 and 😎.

Updating the driver through Windows Update:

• In Windows, search for and open Settings, then click Update & security.

• Click Update & security.

Figure : Settings

Settings with Update and security selected

• Click Check for updates.

Figure : Update & security

Updates and security with Check for updates selected

• Windows Update checks for recent updates.

Figure : Checking for updates

Windows Update checking for updates

• The available updates are displayed and installed automatically.

Figure : Updates

Windows updates being installed

• Please restart the laptop post the above step.

If the issue still persists then you may run the hardware diagnostics on the touchpad by referring to the steps from "Running the UEFI Component Tests" from this link

I hope this information helps. Please feel free to let me how it goes. Cheers! 

HP Recommended

1- the model number is : hp envy x360 m6-w103dx

2- there is no external mouse

3- i didn't realise any changes

I tried the steps that u mentioned but still not working

HP Recommended

@mina13790

Please download and run the touchpad drivers if you still haven't. I was able to pull the exact drivers because of the model no. you provided. 

Please restart the laptop after installing the drivers. If the touchpad continues to not work then let us run a hardware test on the touchpad by following the below steps:

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

• The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

• Select Component tests.

List of the Component tests

• Please initiate a test on Mouse/Touchpad - There are 2 mouse tests to determine if the mouse is functioning correctly - the Pointer Test and the Drag and Drop Test. Click Mouse/Touchpad, then select the test you want to run and follow the instructions.

If the test fails then it would be a hardware failure and you may reach out to our HP phone support to explore the hardware service options 

If the test passes then please initiate a system refresh (repair). Though the steps are for Win8, they will work for Win10 too.

I hope this helps. Please let me know. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

it worked very well

Thank you 😄

HP Recommended

@mina13790

You're welcome. 🙂

I'm glad to know that the issue is fixed. Happy computing.! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.