Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I have a HP Envy dv-7225dx silver laptop. Recently one of the screws came loose somehow and I did not notice this until it came loose. Now I have lost the screw and part of my laptop is literally coming apart when I open my laptop. as a result I have to use a bit of force to put it back. 

I have some screws but none that are small enough.

Does anyone know where I can get a couple replacement screws (in case this happens again) and how much it would be?

From what I know, the screw is narrow/thin, small and black. Also if anyone knows the measurement of the screw that would be great!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@matmllr4 wrote:

I have a HP Envy dv-7225dx silver laptop. Recently one of the screws came loose somehow and I did not notice this until it came loose. Now I have lost the screw and part of my laptop is literally coming apart when I open my laptop. as a result I have to use a bit of force to put it back. 

Does anyone know where I can get a couple replacement screws (in case this happens again) and how much it would be?

From what I know, the screw is narrow/thin, small and black. Also if anyone knows the measurement of the screw that would be great!

Hi,

I suggest to buy laptop screws from ebay. There are plenty of them for cheap. 

This manual tells you what size you need: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03591253.pdf

Asus ROG STRIX G16 Manjaro Xfce
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@matmllr4 wrote:

Hi,

I suggest to buy laptop screws from ebay. There are plenty of them for cheap. 

This manual tells you what size you need: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03591253.pdf

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
HP Recommended

Thank you very much!

HP Recommended

@matmllr4 wrote:

Thank you very much!

You are welcome!!

HP Recommended

I have a similar problem with my HP Envy dv7.  The screw is missing from the bottom base cover.  Can someone confirm that the correct screw size is PM2.5x5.0?

HP Recommended

Hi Hp list the screws for the base as

PM2.5×8.5, the correct size is m2.5x8mm( hp include the head thickness in the measurenment)

best place to get screws is from www.laptopscrewsdirect.com they sell screws for all laptops.

they even do mixed packs of different sizes just in case your not sure what you require.

if you are unsure just email or call them, they are very helpful.
HP Recommended

Hi Hp list the screws for the base as

PM2.5×8.5, but the correct size is m2.5x8mm( hp include the head thickness in the measurenment).

best place to get screws is from www.laptopscrewsdirect.com they sell screws for all laptops.

they even do mixed packs of different sizes just in case your not sure what you require.

if you are unsure just email or call them, they are very helpful.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.