Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 13-ag0003na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I bought a HP ENVY x360 - 13-ag0003na. HP claims it has a battery life of 11 hours and 7 hours (with video playback) but my laptop only lasts around 3 hours. Help please.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Demiladeak
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Do you use this computer for gaming purpose or daily use?
  • Did you make any software or hardware changes on your laptop?

Try updating the BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

As the battery is a consumable part the life of the battery decreases each time you charge your laptop.

Open Power Options on Windows 10.

• Click Change plan settings for any of the power plans. I would suggest you choose the power saver plan.
  • Now click Change advanced power settings.
  • Under the Advanced Settings tab, scroll down to find Processor power management.
  • Now, expand (click on +) Processor power management.
  • Expand Maximum processor state.
  • Click the On-battery option and reduce the processor state to 20%. You can choose any other value.
  • Click Ok. The settings are saved, you can close the Power Options window.
  • Enable Adaptive Brightness
  • Go to Power Options select change advanced power settings
  • Go to the Change advanced power settings. Expand Display> expand Enable Adaptive Brightness. Now, turn on Adaptive Brightness for On-battery and Plugged in options (whichever you like. Click Ok to save the settings.
  • If the issue still persists try uninstalling the battery drivers device manager.
  • Search for and open Device Manager.
  • Click next to Batteries to expand the battery options.
  • With the options expanded, right-click each ACPI option and in the menu, click Uninstall.
  • Restart the computer.

The battery should now charge properly.

• Refer this article to know how to run a battery test and perform a battery calibration on your laptop.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ended up swapping it the 2019 (late 2018) spectre.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.