Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY X360 - 13-ar0001nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I have HP ENVY X360 - 13-ar0001nt with  no built-in hdmi port. I want to buy an external monitor to use for work. Can I connect a 4k monitor with an usb-c to hdmi adapter or usb-c hub? Does HP USB-C to HDMI / USB 3.0 / USB-C  hub support my laptop? If so can I connect via this hub or does it support up to 1080p? Any alternative solutions?

Cem Tezgor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I switched to Belkin HDMI to USB-C adapter, and i can get 60Hz refresh rate with this adapter. However, computer slows down or completely lose display on 2. monitor  if i turn on HDR for apps and games from windows setting while resolution is set to 4k. In addition, if displays go into sleep mode, 2nd monitor doesn't wake up again, having "no input" message. Only restarting windows or hibernating computer and turning back on solves the issue.

Kind regards,

Cem  

Cem Tezgor

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@CemTezgor,

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know whether you can connect a monitor to the USB C port on the computer.

Based on the information available in the service guide for your computer, you can connect a monitor to the USB C port on the computer. Also, you can use the hub you have listed and should work fine with the computer.

Please refer to the below link for the service guide for your computer.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06262637

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @The_Fossette, 

I bought the HP USB-C Adapter, and a 4K monitor @60Hz, FreeSync and HDR support, however, I can get at most 30Hz and can not turn on HDR support and FreeSync from settings, seems to be not supporting. Should I a different adapter or HDMI cable? 

Cem Tezgor
HP Recommended

@CemTezgor,

I recommend you connect the monitor directly without using any adapters to get the best performance. However, as the HDMI port is not available on the computer you can try with a different adapter and check if it helps.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I switched to Belkin HDMI to USB-C adapter, and i can get 60Hz refresh rate with this adapter. However, computer slows down or completely lose display on 2. monitor  if i turn on HDR for apps and games from windows setting while resolution is set to 4k. In addition, if displays go into sleep mode, 2nd monitor doesn't wake up again, having "no input" message. Only restarting windows or hibernating computer and turning back on solves the issue.

Kind regards,

Cem  

Cem Tezgor
HP Recommended

@CemTezgor,

Thank you for keeping me posted.

As informed earlier the adapters may not function the way a direct connection to the computer works. 

I hope you understand.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.