Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 13-ay0504sa
Microsoft Windows 11

The hinge has broken on my HP Envy x360, with no drops/damages and purely naturally started happening on its own. I can't even fold the laptop because the hinge prevents the lid from doing so. After some research I found that this is a common design flaw in many envy laptops. I have heard that many people have had their laptop fixed when, as this is a design flaw from factory and not related  to misuse of the laptop. Also, due to the hinge breaking the screen has become cracked as the hinge pushed through the screen. What is my best course of action here?

Many thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @BobsterGaming 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. We are really sorry that you are facing hinge-related issues with your HP ENVY X360 Laptop - 13-Ay0504sa. We want to help you with it. 

I have sent you a private message with further instructions to get this issue sorted. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Thanks!

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi, the link you have sent me says that I can only access phone support if my device is in warranty. Since my laptop is not in warranty, I can't call these numbers. I need more direct support to solve this structural issue with my laptop.

Many thanks

HP Recommended

I have sent you a private message with further instructions to get this issue sorted. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Thanks!

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

In your message, you say "I am really sorry about that. However, we have a dedicated team that can help you with the hardware issue. Please be assured that they will be able to assist you with it."

What it this dedicated team for my issues and can you send me and email for contact with them? Your reply doesn't help me in this regard.

Many thanks

HP Recommended

I am really sorry about that but we do not have an option to send an email as we are from the HP Community support team. However, you may call our support team on 0870 559 2000 and they will be able to help you further.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi, that number doesn't seem to work for me. I'm calling from the UK if that makes a difference. 

HP Recommended

Here is another number that will help: 0207 660 0596 Mon-Fri 8:00 - 18:00 (except for Bank Holidays)  

Thanks.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find th...

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.