Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I recently bought the HP Envy x360 and from my understanding it was chargeable through the USB C port and cable. However, it doesn't seem to be working. The cable did not come with the PC and I had bought one separately. How can I charge the PC by the USB C port and cable? Are there any restrictions or disadvantages to using this?  I did purchase this particular PC as it has USB C connectivity that ensured I would be able to be on the go without worrying about the battery power.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Nishan8594, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand you have issues charging from USB-C port on your laptop.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Have you tried checking with a different USB cable?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

As you mentioned you have issues charging from USB-C port on your laptop.

Since you have not shared the product details of your PC. I might not be able to give you complete information.

Please try few steps recommended below.

1. Open Device Manager.
2. Expand category “Universal Serial Bus controllers”.
3. Double-click the “USB Root Hub” device, and click the Power Management tab. (if there’s more than one USB Root Hub device, repeat these steps for each one.)
4. Turn off the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option, and click  OK button.

Disconnect all USB devices connected to the computer except a USB mouse and keyboard (if in use). This includes hubs, thumb drives, printers, and cameras.
In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
The Device Manager window opens.
Double-click Universal Serial Bus Controllers to expand the list.
Right-click the first USB Root Hub in the list, then select Uninstall.
Click OK to confirm.
Continue uninstalling all USB Root Hubs listed.
Close Device Manager and restart the computer.
If the USB device that is having problems came with software and it was not previously installed, install the software now, following the manufacturer instructions.
Reconnect the USB device that was having problems and test it to see if it works.

Open Device Manager (Right Click on Windows Logo and Click Device Manager).
Now find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers. Now right click on USB drivers and click Uninstall. Do for all USB drivers one by one.
Now Restart your PC. The USB drivers are automatically re-install and solve the corrupted USB devices.
Right-click on the battery icon and click Power Options.
Click Change plan settings.
Now click Change advanced power settings.
Find and expand USB settings.
Expand USB selective suspend settings and Disable both On battery and Plugged in settings.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot USB connection issues with your PC.

Also, try updating the drivers on your PC using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Mr.Robot,

I really appreciate you taking your time on this thread. However, your suggestions have not enabled me to solve my problem. 

I brought my girlfriend an HP Envy x360 - 15-bp152nr . In addition, I have also brought her a IoGear USB-C Powered Hub - GUD3C01 . 

Due to the circumstances (only having one power outlet), I need to figure out how to get the laptop to charge via the USB-C connection. The hub supplies "supports Power Delivery 2.0 (PD 2.0) specification up to Profile 4 (20V/3A, 20V/1.8A, 12V/3A, 5V/3A)" , I believe that the laptop has these standards built in - pretty sure I did my research well enough before I brought it.

Next, we have installed the driver from the Iogear website. The hub is recognized, and the computer can see addition devices (USB) that are plugged into the hub.

In addition, the computer is update and is on BIOS verision 34. And, we did try your steps:

"1. Open Device Manager.
2. Expand category “Universal Serial Bus controllers”.
3. Double-click the “USB Root Hub” device, and click the Power Management tab. (if there’s more than one USB Root Hub device, repeat these steps for each one.)
4. Turn off the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option, and click  OK button."

However, is was unsuccessful in enabling the computer to be charged over the usb-c port. 

I will be actively monitoring this post, please let me know if you need any additional information. I would be more than happy to get you anything you need to help me.

Thank you so much for your time. And, I greatly look forward to receiving your response and getting this issue resolved!!!! Thank you!

HP Recommended

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04723006

"Some 2015 or newer HP commercial notebooks can draw power from an external device such as an AC adapter, at different input voltages such as 5V, 9V, 10V, 12V, 15V, and 20V voltages. Not all voltages are supported on all models."

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.