Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15-bq108ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought this laptop yesterday and already I am experiencing very annoying problems that not even my old laptop had. The product looks very nice and building quality is great, but these problems are not okay.

1. VERY loud fan noise (even at idle at around 40-45°C) -- there are no dust in the vents

2. Screen crashes (Black screen, refreshes, pixels and wierd blank dark green colour) on YouTube, Google, etc.

3. Freezes (unable to click and scroll)

4. Slow performance when loading pages and programs

5. Increasing temperature (not under load)

I've updated all the drivers available and every time I try to do a BIOS update, it either disappears or crashes.

I looked at all the posts related with this product and none of the answers provided helped with mine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @mmkoc

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that you have a brand new Notebook and you are facing multiple issues with it.

Since you only got the Notebook yesterday, you can get it exchanged at the store you purchased it from.

Otherwise, you can also contact our Phone Support for assistance.

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Thank you.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Solution Accepted and Kudos Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @mmkoc

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that you have a brand new Notebook and you are facing multiple issues with it.

Since you only got the Notebook yesterday, you can get it exchanged at the store you purchased it from.

Otherwise, you can also contact our Phone Support for assistance.

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Thank you.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Solution Accepted and Kudos Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

If you ever find a solution to the fan noise let me know. I have like 10 days left until I cannot return the laptop for a refund and I really don't want to do it. But so far I it looks like the only choice.

Also. The screen going green, YT just crashing etc happens to me too. I take it that ryzen mobile is in it's infancy and don't really mind the issue just crossing my fingers that it will get fixed sooner rather than later (can really put off casual customers once they see that)

HP Recommended

@GrandBOOM wrote:

If you ever find a solution to the fan noise let me know. I have like 10 days left until I cannot return the laptop for a refund and I really don't want to do it. But so far I it looks like the only choice.

Also. The screen going green, YT just crashing etc happens to me too. I take it that ryzen mobile is in it's infancy and don't really mind the issue just crossing my fingers that it will get fixed sooner rather than later (can really put off casual customers once they see that)

I have returned the laptop. I saw online about turning off HP CoolSense, but that did not work also. I couldn't fix any of the crashes as well.

The noise of the fans are just too loud whenever I bring it to a quiet study hall. It's unbearable. I hope the new upcoming HP Spectre x360 15 (Intel i7 8705G + AMD Radeon RX Vega M GL) won't have this problem.

HP Recommended

I bought my laptop 2 months back and now i am facing these problems-

1. Mute led is not working

2. Screen crashes showing green and black color

3. May be many more to go!!

It looks smart only in design but not in performance!! I bought it for like around $750 and it is such a high amount for a student to buy it. Now i am questioning you, This is all you did in your testing phase HP?? You should have hired me instead of those high payed non working employees. Please do get back to me with a solution. Thanks

HP Recommended

My settings that i applied to solve the fan noise was to limit maximum processor state to 99% stop its from going into amd version of turbo boost or what ever its called now. Its in power plan options if you right click the battery gauge and go into poweroptions you can create a new power plan

Doesnt seem to slow it down by much set to 99%

Also you can try setting the cooling mode to passive to and turn of hp coolsense.

Im still hoping for a bios update to solve the problem with ryzen going into turbo mode to often if thats whats happening. Also would be nice to get more graphic driver updates cough hp cough.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.