Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15 ab522tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I ran a short test on my notebook's hard drive using the HP diagnostics tool (it's a Seagate 1TB hard drive, serial number ST1000LM048), and the Short DST check failed, giving me the error code 9LRJ24-83K995-MFPX61-60U803. However, when I ran the same check using SeaTools from Seagate themselves, it passed without any issue. Could someone clear up the inconsistency between these two results?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The two tests do not necessarily test the same things. Also not impossible to get a one-time false positive. Use UEFI diagnostics....tap esc as you power up then F2 then component tests and storage/hard drive and report back the long results. If you get an error Code again I say it is time to replace the drive. 

HP Recommended

I did get the same error message with the F2 test. However the hard drive is practically new; I had it replaced back in June. This is probably my 4th hard drive because they all keep failing for some reason. Is there any way to avoid drive replacement?

HP Recommended

You can just ignore the message and plow forward if the laptop still boots and works. 4 drive failures in quick succession tells me something else is going on like a motherboard issue. 

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for the advice!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.