Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 8440p Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)

Hello,

About a month ago I've encountered a very strange problem with my laptop. The microphone stops recording any sound whenever I put the laptop to sleep and wake it up. It won't work for an extended period of time, and sometimes it'll just suddenly start working again. The sound driver is installed correctly. I've reinstalled Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 10 on this laptop and all three operating systems exhibit the same problem, so it doesn't appear to be a compatibility problem. Even weirder is the fact that the microphone itself clearly works because it works occasionally. Is there a way to fix this?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@0wenli 

Please try the following driver for Windows 8/10

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71717.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

---------------------------
Configuring IDT Audio Driver and Applications
The hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package. The install will be aborted.
OK

HP Recommended

Problem still isn't solved but ok.

HP Recommended

Hello? Can someone tell me what the problem is?

HP Recommended

Bump

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.