Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 14-cm0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi i would like to ask if there's some upgrades i can do with this laptop. I have seen some answers in this forum saying that upgrading ram to 8gb.

My main concern is can i choose whatever the ram speed is or is there any specific calculation i need to follow ? Also what is the max ram gb and speed i can go ?  

I want to make this laptop a bit faster and suitable for gaming.

- HP Laptop 14-cm0xxx

- Serial number : [edited]

- AMD A6-9225 RADEON R4, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G  , 4gb ram 

And I am open to any suggestions for the upgrades.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook has one memory slot, and the max memory you can install in that slot is 1 x 8 GB.

Below is the link to the service manual.  The memory upgrade info can be found in chapter 1.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP 14 Laptop PC

Your notebook's processor can only run the memory at a max speed of 1866 MHz, but you can install any speed DDR4 memory in there.

I recommend the most common and easily available memory module which is DDR4-2400.

Crucial 8GB DDR4-2400 SODIMM | CT8G4SFS824A | Crucial.com

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook has one memory slot, and the max memory you can install in that slot is 1 x 8 GB.

Below is the link to the service manual.  The memory upgrade info can be found in chapter 1.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP 14 Laptop PC

Your notebook's processor can only run the memory at a max speed of 1866 MHz, but you can install any speed DDR4 memory in there.

I recommend the most common and easily available memory module which is DDR4-2400.

Crucial 8GB DDR4-2400 SODIMM | CT8G4SFS824A | Crucial.com

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.