Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
BW0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I did a clean install of Windows 11 a few weeks ago on my laptop. Everything seems to be working ok and updates are occurring. However,  when I do device manager, it shows the SM Bus driver not installed. I tried to update the driver and it is not found. This processor is not listed as supported by the Microsoft website. HP would have to provide the motherboard drivers. Does anyone know if this is going to happen? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately since Microsoft drew the line as to what processors are supported, HP will not be providing W11 drivers for the 15-bw000 model series and even if they did, that driver would not be included.

What I recommend you do is to install the W10 64 bit AMD chipset driver from the link below, and restart the PC.

That should install the smbus controller.

970 Drivers & Support | AMD

Before installing the above driver, did you check the advanced options section>Optional updates under the Windows Update Settings section?

That driver may be waiting in the wings to be downloaded, along with others.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately since Microsoft drew the line as to what processors are supported, HP will not be providing W11 drivers for the 15-bw000 model series and even if they did, that driver would not be included.

What I recommend you do is to install the W10 64 bit AMD chipset driver from the link below, and restart the PC.

That should install the smbus controller.

970 Drivers & Support | AMD

Before installing the above driver, did you check the advanced options section>Optional updates under the Windows Update Settings section?

That driver may be waiting in the wings to be downloaded, along with others.

HP Recommended

Worked great. Now, device manager shows all drivers installed. Thanks for the help.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.