Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Laptop MontherBoard Issues

Spectre X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello ,

I was using my Spectre X360 laptop and it suddenly shutdown and it never turned ON. I tried restarting the laptop it never did TURNED ON. I tried charging it and i see little white light, but the laptop never turned ON after that.  Unfortunately for me this $1,200 laptop is out of warranty by 3 months.  Something like this should be a recall in my opinion as I've seen many other posts about these things no longer charging and requiring a motherboard replacement.

Laptop: HP Spectre X360 

Model: 13T-ae000

5 REPLIES 5
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,545 11,536 557 592
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@mohanch

Thank you for joining the HP Support Community

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
JohnCZ54
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

May I ask what your resolution was?  Very similar problem except no charging light.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
mohanch
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

It was a mother board issues. I send it to HP for repire and they replaced entire motherboard. Hp won't acknowledge it is an manufacturing defect. I paid 250$ for the repire. 

0 Kudos
JohnCZ54
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks again. One more question, sorry.

Was all your hard drive data maintained OK?

0 Kudos
mohanch
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Yes. It is better take a backup from any third party services. HP does not guarantee about data loss

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation