Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Just as follow up; I installed the 518436-001 WiFI card (b/g/n) in my HP Mini 110-1025dx. The card worked extremely well, with a huge jump in connection speed. Previously I often would be in the 2-3Mbps range, sometimes 4-5Mbps on "good days". With the new card the connection speed has jumped to an average of over 20Mbps.

The install went flawlessly, and the driver was found immediately.

For anyone doing this upgrade, the only issue I had was removing to top face. There is one screw under the RAM cover that they don't mention in the manual. So, remove the RAM cover and look for the silver headed screw and loosen (it does not come out, a retained screw).

Also, removing the antenna connections is a fragile job, simply work them off gently. They will come off.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.