cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP? Never again

HP Recommended
PNotebook HP - 15-da0987nlavilion 6530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good morning,

2 years ago my mom bought an HP laptop for me (it was my birthday present so I couldn't see any product features) which was seem to be a bad choice from the start (paid over € 800).

My laptop initially took 3 to 5 minutes to boot, so after a few months I went back to my product store to get HP support. You returned my laptop to me after a month with a simple reinstall of the OS (bad support. I could have done that too) and nothing was fixed.

The problem was persistent so I asked for HP support again because the problems were increasing and I couldn't do anything if my disk was always at 100% use! (didn't you see it when I sent my laptop the first time?) So I went back to the store to get HP support again. This time your solution was to replace the hard disk I'm having trouble with (amazing ...!). I thought the problems had been solved but they weren't. My PC continues to have the disk at 100% usage even though it's not doing anything ...

It's been 2 years and my warranty has expired. I spent over € 800 for a product that:

- is unable to boot quickly. Sometimes the screen stays black and I have to restart with the on / off button

- it takes 10 or more seconds to open a simple panel to create a new folder or get properties

- disc always at 100% use

- general slowdown for opening programs, chrome tabs etc ...

I have no antivirus. I use Windows Defender. In the past I have installed avast but uninstalled it to increase performance (small improvement) but still can't use it well.

After the second support from HP no more support was asked because I was resigned to the resolution, plus covid-19 didn't help. Now I have to keep this product but I promised myself: no more HP! And not for the product but for the support

Thanks for the attention and sorry for my english

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,874 25,860 1,719 2,361
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mitikuzzo9

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is booting slow and the disk usage is always at 100%.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted, and I apologize for the experience you had with the service center.

I recommend you run a system test on the computer to make sure whether the issue is hardware or software related and this will help us with the next course of action.

Follow the steps in the below article to perform the test.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Goodmorning,

I did the diagnstics steps to check if my pc had hardware o software issue but nothing was notified.

I'll wait other suggestions to solve problem.

Thank you for your support

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mitikuzzo9

Follow the below steps and perform a clean boot and check whether the computer boots faster.

Here is how it is done.

1. Click Start, and type msconfig.
  2. Select System Configuration from the search results.
  3. On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click Disable all.
  4. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click Open Task Manager.
  5. On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.
  6. Close Task Manager.
  7. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click OK, and then restart the computer.

Let me know how it goes.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Good morning,

I did all the steps but nothing changed. 

My pc for booting need always about 3/5 minutes

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mitikuzzo9

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation