Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Notebook 15-BA015NA wont charge when powered on

HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-BA015NA
Linux

Hi

I started having problems with my HP 15-BA015NA laptop, where it is not charging the laptop if it is turned on. Let me give you the bullet points of what has been done so far:

If it is powered off with a battery attached it will show an orange light indicating that it is charging the battery.

If it is turned on the orange light will go from orange to white indicating that it is fully charged, although this is not the case.

It will also not charge the battery at this point.

If the battery is unplugged it will not power on.

Upon doing the internal HP test it is indicating a fault with the power adapter, so I have ordered a new one but this is still showing the same fault.

The failure ID is as follows:

PTR27X-87NA5C-XD7X7G-C1BX03

It also gave a fail code for power rather than the adapter which is as follows:

PTR27X-87NA59-XD7X7G-C19F03.

i can still access the laptop as the battery is perfectly fine and has passed the HP internal test. So I need to know now if this means the DC power socket is faulty or something else? I really do not want to scrap this laptop as it has everything I want on it. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,953 9,939 532 386
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Kyoujinuk

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

The adapter is faulty is this case. I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
3 1 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help, it turned out to be the power adapter was faulty, so I replaced it. Works perfect now.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation