06-15-2018 04:08 AM
My comupter started to shut down instead of going into sleep mode. I have checked the mouse to be sure it is set on wake, updated bios, checked energy management. This started happening after the latest update. I have Windows version 10.0.17134, AMD A10. HELP!
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-16-2018 10:51 AM - edited 06-16-2018 10:59 AM
Good Day. Thank you for posting your query in the HP community. I read the post regarding issues with sleep on your computer as it shuts down instead of going to sleep. I will be delighted to assist you here.
Superb description and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂
For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:
To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this:
- Did this occur after a power outage or surge?
- Was there a recent software or Windows update that could have caused it?
For now, try these steps:
Please perform a hard reset from this link: https://hp.care/2nwQ054
Then try these steps:
- Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand display adapters>then select the display drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.
- Check the box that states delete the software for this device. Then restart the computer and update the bios and graphics drivers from this link: https://hp.care/2lfaBID Then select the correct operating system and follow the on-screen instructions to do it.
Now check if the issue gets fixed.
If it continues, then perform these steps to see if it gets resolved:
- Go to Control Panel, then click Power Options.
- From the Select a power plan page, click Choose what the power buttons do from the list on the left panel.
- On the Define power buttons and turn on password protection page, you then have the option of choosing what happens when you:
- press the power button
- press the sleep button
- When I close the lid- select the sleep option (not shutdown or hibernate)
Now check again.
If it does not work then please perform all the prescribed steps that best match the issue from this link: http://hp.care/2A59l0D (HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8) Please perform the following options mentioned below:
- The computer does not wake up from sleep or hibernate mode
- Sleep and Hibernate issues after upgrading to Windows 10
- Disabling the password requirement when resuming from sleep
- Disabling hybrid sleep in Windows
This should do the trick for you.
- If the issue still persists, then backup your important data and perform a Microsoft Push Button reset to factory settings by following instructions from this link:https://hp.care/2toQrBj There is an associated YouTube video on how to perform a push-button reset of Microsoft Windows 10. By following the correct on-screen instructions there should also be no data loss.
This should resolve the issue for you.
Perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. Good luck to you. I will keep a watch for your response. Please note that I am not overloading you with steps but instead, giving you more information to work with.
We are as eager as you are to get the issue fixed. I request you to perform all these steps till the issue is fixed.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee
06-17-2018 08:02 AM
It has been a fabulous experience working with you. 🙂 I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution. You've been simply amazing with your technical expertise and thanks again for giving me the privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂
I hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.
Please take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee
08-18-2018 05:58 AM
After following your advice, what I have found is the computer will sleep and wake as it should for a few weeks, then I have to unistall and reinstall the graphics driver. I do not need to do any other steps and then it works fine again for a few weeks? Any ideas? Also, there are five graphics drivers that show up for my model. How do I know which one is correct? Thanks, so much!