Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi@Dangerin,

Thank you for responding, I appreciate your time and effort.

I would request you to contact our HP Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: https://www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

press F1 while pressing on switch select language go to component test select battery test run the test if you find ok then no issue if you find failure then replace battery but before that after running test turn laptop on go hp assistant go to battery health run celebrate battery health even after that also you find the same issue  update Latest BIOS version in laptop.

HP Recommended

Have the same problem. You still dont found a way to fix it? It could be that this laptop has something like hybrid power that it drains power from cpu, gpu and then i it need more performance and power so it drains from the battery too. Some laptops has hybrid power. When you doing something heavy   it can discharge even when its plugged in, it can discharge to maybe 40 % before its turn off hybrid power.  Its charging again. Reply hereif you found out something. 

HP Recommended

I did, basically i call them they took the pc changed all the parts and still had the same issue , turns out its a "feature" wich for me is more like a design flaw , basically i said that i bought the pc for gaming wich i couldnt do bcs when i need to get out i need battery not for it to be discharged, so they are trading it for another, im still waiting on the new one , some people on discord said that if u use the 230w power supply it fixes it , but I didnt try and hp said they weren't compatible, idk man guess its just a design flaw 

HP Recommended

You trading it for a new battery or a new computer? 

HP Recommended

Same problem here , i contacted hp they tried everything even changed motherboard etc.., its a "feature" as they say but it really is a flaw , u should just tell them or return it , or try for them to change for another pc with same specs but different model, so yhea no fix , some people say that if u use the 230w power supply it fixes it but hp said they weren't compatible so i didnt try it 

HP Recommended

I know but do you want to trade for a new one or get money back? what do you decided to do? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.