Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15 2015
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i am having a problem with my laptop for a year first is screen flickering and still till now didn't find the cause of this problem, sometimes my screen doesn't flicker and some times it goes badly till screen becomes white or full of colored lines, and when flickering wants to start my screen on the left side starts to flicker slowly till the whole screen is affected. i used an external monitor and no flickering was on the monitor while it my laptop still flickered, i reinstalled my graphics driver 10 times, downgraded windows to see if i will reach for a solution, updated bios but no not even close to solve my issue. i thought it was the screen so i took it for a check they told me there is no problem with the screen and even when i move the screen lid it doesn't flicker, i checked if that was caused by my laptop overheating but no even it occurs when its on low temperature. My second problem is overheating i added some thermal paste to my CPU and GPU checked if fans cleans (Fans are working except one is slower than the other but when using software to speed fans which is hp omen control that now i cant use it to control my keyboard lights and fan they worked the same speed) but still its overheating and its temprature reaches to 70 without gaming on CPU and GPU and on SSD 72. I wish i find a solution because i am tired of this laptop.

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@1871 If the monitor didn't flicker and yet the laptop does, this is most likely an issue with the notebook's display, I suggest you perform an extensive hardware test to confirm the cause of the failure and obtain an error/failure ID that would help us get the details of the exact component that requires a repair/replacement, use the below steps to initiate the test and the same would help us identify the reason you have an overheating issue as well:

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  • Click Extensive Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

P.S: Welcome to HP Forums! 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi, thanks for answering, so i tried doing your steps when pressing f2 and then entering pc hardware diagnoses i dont have the option you mentioned about system test, all what is shown are these options:

- Memory Test

- Hard Drive Check

- Language

- Exit

and the version of my bios is 1.11.0.0 

HP Recommended

@1871 it looks like you need to update the hardware diagnostics tool before you can get the rest of the options: Click here for details and download the same.

Let me know how that goes.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi again, ok i have installed the program you gave me and i did the system tests and extensive test and everything passed not a single error, so what to do now

HP Recommended

@1871 That would confirm this isn't a hardware malfunction, most likely either a driver issue or the OS and the next best thing you can do is update all available BIOS, Chipset and GPU driver updates using the HP Support Assistant, if that doesn't work, make use of the HP website, along with all windows updates from Microsoft to resolve the issue, if the issue persists, you may want to backup all personal data using the safe mode and check if the issue occurs in safe mode as well, if it doesn't, please create a new user account and check if that works, if nothing helps, please perform a system reset.

Use the hyperlinks for steps.

Good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hay again, i updated my bios and windows update to the latest version according to your site and every thing is up to date so i dont think its a driver, even though i entered safe mode and the screen still had the flickering till a black or white 10 cm thick line hit my left screen which makes me unable to see behind it and the right side keeps shaking up and down. i did a format if you mean that by system reset and still didnt work. thats why i have been angry about this product because how can an omen product have no solution for its problem. if i understood system reset wrong can you inform me maybe this can solve the issue. look now its 2 days without screen flicker and full black screen or white later like 4 or 5 days error occurs again.

HP Recommended

@1871 I appreciate the details, and I suggest you connect an external monitor to the laptop and check if the screen flicker occurs on it as well, that way, we can identify if this is either a hardware issue with the laptops LCD or if its a setting that needs to be tweaked, also, if you don't have an external monitor, you can check if this issue occurs on the BIOS (tap on F10 during restart to access the screen), and let me know if the issue occurs on it.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi, thanks for your help again, well i tried the external monitor as i mentioned before and no flicker occurred on the external monitor, and yes the flicker even occurs in my bios. So does it sound like the LCD of my laptop, well i don't know its doesn't flicker always as what i saw on YouTube like the guys with the flicker suffering from the screen because its endless while mine some crazy screen that whenever it wants me to go mad it flickers and when i turn off my laptop for certain time it may return neutral or it continues and in case it returned neutral there is a high chance that flicker may occur again. would you like me to contact you on whatsapp or any app to send you the video of my screen because i am not able to insert a video in this chat

HP Recommended

@1871

This is a hardware issue, I would personally suggest you contact our HP Support. 

Click here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

Make sure you select the Country and Region.

Keep me posted on further assistance. Hope that helps! 

Have a great day ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.