Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc1047ur

Hello,

My HP Omen 15 dc1 has keyboard only with red lights;

Is it possible to replace with keyboard with different light color or mixed colors ?

Thank you in advanced.

HP Fan
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Saxeligvari

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you want to change the keyboard lights on Omen, I am glad to assist you.

In order to change the color of a backlit HP OMEN laptop keyboard, follow these six steps:

1. Open OMEN Command Center from your Windows taskbar or via the Windows Start menu
  2. Select “Lighting” located on the left navigation sidebar
  3. At the top-right corner, make sure you select “Keyboard.” You will see three available modes: Animation, Static, and Off
  4. Select “Static” to manually assign specific colors to specific areas of the keyboard. The “Template” dropdown menu will reveal six different preloaded templates and a “Custom” option that allows you to design your own keyboard segmentation. These pre-existing templates will include WASD, FPS, MOBA, MMO, P1-P6, and All Keys
  5. After selecting a template, you will see a color guide at the bottom of the OMEN Command Center that will allow you to assign colors on the basic guide of advanced color options of your own selection
  6. Press “Apply” and marvel at your colorful keyboard setup!

Keep me posted.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello sandytechy20

Thanks for reply;

I already tried earlier this approach using Omen gaming Hub but unfortunately it says that device have no support for Lighting;

So I think that if it possible to change keyboard physicaly, then I can use Lighting;

Thank you.

HP Fan
HP Recommended

@Saxeligvari

This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue.

I am sending you a private message with the steps to talk to HP support.

Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.