Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I've done the HP PC HARDWARE DIAGNOSTIC WINDOW

Done the system test and it fail the failure ID is RGEKG3-7B99B8-MFGH7F-60VA13

what should I do ?

My lapto keeps crashing or freeze

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi

Floppy Drive, Hard Drive, Memory Drive, Optical Drive, SCSI, Tape Drive

Hard Disk 1 Quick Test Failure

You need to MAKE BACKUPS if you can, create Recovery Media and replace the Hard Disk Drive.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-17-j100-notebook-pc-series/5401174/model/6654415/how-to... for your.....

HP ENVY 17-j108tx Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)

If in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended

Thank you, for the ideas it helps and my laptop is not freezing and am doing windows update

HP Recommended

I did the recovery last month and still froze

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi

You need to make Back-Ups of your importat data, your Hard Disk could fail at ay time.

The you eed a Recovery USB to re-install.

W7 and W10 Repair.pngHP Recovery Media Creation.pngYou may have to change the Hard Disk soon.

Please be prepared for that probability.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.