Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 11 x360
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Recently my touch screen stopped working.

When I look under PC settings it says "No pen or touch input is available for this display"

HP Pavilion 11 x360

Windows 8.1 64bit

All windows drivers up to date per "Windows Update" with no failed installations as of 5/17/15 1220 EST.

First time on the forums.  What other info is needed?

Thanks for your time

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @mk22 ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. It is a great site for information and questions. I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion 11 x360 Notebook and the Touchscreen not working correctly or being seen. Here is a link to troubleshoot the Touchscreen.

The touchscreen shouldn't need recalibration, but if you or another user has recalibrate it, it may affect the performance of the touchscreen.

Here's how to check or restore the factory default calibration using a keyboard or mouse if needed.

Step 1: Press the Windows logo key Windows logo key + S to open Search.
point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search Search charm.)
Step 2:Type Control Panel, then use the arrow keys to highlight Control Panel, and press Enter.
(Or, click Control Panel.)
Step 3:In Control Panel, use the arrow keys to highlight Hardware and Sound and press Enter.
(Or, click Hardware and Sound.)
Step 4:Under Tablet PC Settings use the arrow keys to highlight Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input, and press Enter.
(Or, click Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input.)
Step 5:Use the Tab key to select the Reset button, and press Enter.
(Or, click Reset.)
If the Reset button is grayed out, your Surface touch calibration is still at factory settings and you can move to Solution
Step 6:Use the Tab key to select Yes, press Enter, and then follow the instructions on the screen.
(Or, click Yes, and then follow the instructions on the screen.)
Step 7: After removal of the recalibration data, test touch input again.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for taking the time to post the response.

When I follow your step by step instructions there isno icon or section for "calibrate pen...".

When I type calibrate or pen into the search function for the control panel there are no matches returned.

When I go to "PC Info" it says "no pen or touch input is available for this display".

M

HP Recommended

Hi @mk22 ,

You could try a refresh on Windows 8. Please read full documentation before starting.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Just tried all the above up to configure the touch display.  At that point I get a Dialog box titled: "Pen and Touch" that shows a Red X icon and says:  Table and Pen Settings is unavailable. For assistance, contact the manufacturer of your tablet computer. (error=0)

Which is odd as the touch screen worked until a few weeks ago when I declined to extend my warranty.

Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Recently I spent some hours on this exact problem after a clean install of Windows 10 on my son's HP x360 310 G1. Please verify that in Device Manager you have a lot of unknown devices visible. If that's the case, you might have some luck installing the Serial IO Host Controller directly from Intel:

For Windows 10

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25052

For Windows 8.1

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24901

Just download the zip file, unpack it somewhere, run the installer. The touchscreen should work right away without having to reboot your laptop.

There is one disadvantage: This driver is only for the touchscreen. It doesn't include the sensor driver that detects if your laptop is folded into tablet mode, so the keyboard still responds.

HP Recommended

Download the I/o driver from Intel it says 8.1 but will work for 10 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24096/Proc-IO-Intel-Processor-IO-Controller-Driver-for-Win...

HP Recommended

Hi, Thx For the Help......As per your advice i downloaded the driver and it worked out very well. My OS was Win10 and the below driver is for Win8.1 but supports Win10 As well. 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24096/Proc-IO-Intel-Processor-IO-Controller-Driver-for-Win...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.