Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-cw1063wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone! I'm asking this since I can't seem to find anything about it.....

Anyway, I've recently bought an HP Pavilion 15-cw1063wm and I was wondering is it possible to change the 128GB m.2 SSD to a larger size? And if possible, What specific m.2 SSD do I need? SATA or PCIe-NMVe? Or does it not matter which I replace it with?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ScarJo 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06333368

It has dual storage:

• 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA
  • 128 GB M.2 SSD

The 128GB is a SATA drive but you can use Device Manager to see what it is (*). You can replace it with a larger capacity M.2 SSD but you still have 1TB of storage, is it full ?

(*) Crucial says the following drives are compatible with your machine:

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

No the storage (on the HDD) isn't full! I wanted to use the SSD for the OS along with any programs or applications I would install later on... while the HDD was for other stuff. But thank you so much for your help!

HP Recommended

I have same question .. Need to upgrade to ssd nvme x4.. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.