Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec1002ns
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

Recently i bought an HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec1002ns (Ryzen 5 4600h and GTX 1050 3GB) in theory it has backlight keyboard. But my unit doesn't not have the dedicated button.

In the BIOS i can change thow much time the light is on, but i can't turn it on and that makes no sense.

I wild like to know if there are some models without backlit keyboard, because it seems to be my case.
I have loked for drivers for the keyboard, but i found nothing.

Hope to find some answers.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi@Manukant,

Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the keyboard backlight is not working.

Do not worry. I will try to help you.

• To check whether your particular model has a backlit keyboard, check the F5 key to see if the backlit keyboard key  is present.

• To turn the keyboard back light on or off, press the F5  key.

Figure : F5 key - Backlit keyboard key

F5 key - backlit keyboard key

You could  try one of the following methods depending on your model, to turn the backlit keyboard on or off.

• If the spacebar has a keyboard icon on the left side, press and hold the Function key (Fn) and then tap the space bar one time.

• Press the F12 key.

• Press the F5 key.

• Press the special key dedicated to turning the back light on and off.

Figure : Dedicated key for the keyboard back light

Dedicated key for the keyboard back light

If the keyboard backlit symbol is not available, Your laptop does not support it.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

OK, it seems my laptop does not have backlit keyboard because the keyboard backlit symbol is not available.
I don't understand why. The spec sheet indicates the backlit keyboard and the BIOS allows me to change the time the light can be on.

Well... Thanks anyway.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.