09-16-2019 06:04 PM
I have an HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cw0xxx / product number 3PX72LA#ABM that after a while gets hot at the right side of the touchpad. There is an M2 stick in that section. Perhaps that's the cause, but is it normal?
HP CoolSense is ON
My M2 WD BLUE 1TB Disk 0 is at 122F
My M2 Sandisk X600 Disk1 is at 115F
thanks for your comments.
09-19-2019 09:54 AM
@ErickP, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Install updates using HP Support Assistant
- In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant.
- Check for updates.
- If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.
Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.
Let us run a test on the hardware components of the PC
1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
3. Perform System Test > Extensive test.
If the test passed, perform a Component test > Memory. Share the result on your next post.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee