Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook 17-ab011nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone,

i have a HP Pavilion Notebook 17-ab011nl, and I'd like to replace the original SSD M2 with a new bigger one.

What kind of ssd can I use? 

M.2 SATA SSD or M2 PCIe NVMe?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Maxfra 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05187212

Where do you get information its "the original SSD M2 one" ? The specs says it has  1 TB 7200 rpm SATA which is a normal 2.5" HDD.

You can use Device Manager to find what is its original and buy a same one with bigger capacity.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply but that information is not complete.

The notebook has 2 HDD, a standard HDD as written in the page you wrote about and a M.2 SSD Sata (Sandisk SD8SNAT-128G-1006).

The SSD is a M2 SATA SSD.

What I need to know is if the slot in the PC is just for M2 SATA SSD or also for M2 PCIe (NMVe) SSD.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.