Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Yes. Don't  buy these guys garbage any more

HP Recommended
My laptop automatically go in hibernate mode .I get a notification of overheating. Should I go for service centre to solve this issue. I think fan at bottom is not working properly. if you have any suggestions then told me.
HP Recommended
I have HP pavilion DV4 laptop which has overheating problem. Laptop automatically go in hibernate mode. I have seen a notification of overheating problem that s why laptop go in hibernate mode. Should I go service centre to solve the issue. If you have any suggestions then told me as soon as possible..
HP Recommended

@good3

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand there are issues with the laptop overheating and also going into hibernation on its own,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you know that as long as the laptop is within 35 degrees Celsius (95 degrees Fahrenheit) it's considered normal heat?

Have you cleaned the vents or the fans?

While you respond to that, here's a few things you should know:

Click here to watch a youtube video that should explain how to fix these overheating issues,

Alternatively, you could also Click here to go to follow step by step instructions.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The original post dates back to 2010, and it took 7 years for an HP employee to give an advice in an HP sponsored forum!!!

Can you explain?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.