Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6 NOTEBOOK
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone: 

I have a Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC with a motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 144A
and a SATA 3/GB HITACHI HDD.

1. Can I upgrade to an SSD?  I have read that it is recommended to have at least 240GB (16GB allocating for wear and tear)

2. can I upgrade the Graphics card?

3. Can I upgrade the processor?

If you need more specs, I have run HWinfo64 for specs..

Thanks and a merry xmas to all !! 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Luca999,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see from your post you need information and assistance on upgrading the SSD on your HP Pavilion Notebook. Don't worry I'll be glad to help you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of your Notebook? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Could you please respond to this post with the details of the product so that I can provide you with an accurate information which should help you resolve this issue.

Eagerly awaiting for your response!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My model number is: 

WT5628EA#ABZ

does this help ? 

HP Recommended

@Luca999,

Thank you for replying,

I did try to pull up the information using the Product number which you have provided and unfortunately nothing comes up.

Please provide me with the correct product number.  Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Waiting for your reply!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Pretty much any hard drive can be replaced with a 2.5" SSD. I believe mine is an onld dv6 as well. I swapped mine out for a Samsung 860evo and it runs better than when it was new many years ago. The graphics and CPU are pretty much never upgradeable in a laptop. It is always cheaper to try and just replace the harddrive or get a new new computer. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.